Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Have Concluded


I LOVE MY LIFE! …most of it, anyway.
 
Do I want to be bed bound? NO       But is it without redemption? NO
While it’s true that I live with horrendous pain and debilitation, confinement and related issues, it is also true that I have a life. I may not be able-bodied any longer but I’m still ABLE….able to live at home, able to have adequate care, able to do hobbies, able to function in my own little corner of the world. Am I seeing through rose-colored glasses? No. I see the bad and I cope with it every day, but it’s not my focus. Rather than being consumed by despair, I want to be cognizant of grace. Just as Joseph Aguilino found his entrepreneurial “gift” through RSD, I found my spirit; the spirit within that fights to overcome every trial, the “stretching” of God to meet every challenge, and provision of God to meet every need. Though I would like to be content in any situation, admittedly it has taken 9 months to acclimate to the latest upheaval. Through 26 years of RSD, there have been many levels of adjustment and this has been the hardest; but finally I could form and process my thoughts, seeing the reality that life goes on. I appreciate my family and friends who encourage, help and inspire me. They bless me richly.
I hope this post won’t sound “Pollyannaish”. I just believe that choosing to be positive in a negative circumstance is survival of the fittest.
God bless all RSD’ers, no matter their age or station in life…young or old, married or single. May our efforts at raising awareness truly expedite a cure for RSD.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment