Monday, November 28, 2011

RSD - A MYSTERY

There is so much about RSD that doesn't make sense to me. Of course that refers to the disease itself; the mis-firings, the frailty, the inadequate treatments and futility regarding a cure. But, on a personal note, my own current condition is baffling to me. I've read numerous times that the symptoms settle down at some point, and I have found that to be true. After 20+ years, the burning associated with older injuries has subsided...which is a tremendous relief. But it doesn't negate or reverse the disabilities resulting from those injuries...denoting, to me, relief - not remission.

And don't be mis-lead...the frailty is ever-present, subjecting me to new injuries.

Though one would assume the patient is now on "easy street" from the relief, that's not really true because,ironically, that's when the secondary symptoms occur. You know, the vision, the Vertigo, the unbelievable Acid Reflux, the trouble swallowing, etc. Who knew the level of pain or discomfort they could cause? I surely didn't.

Again, please don't be mislead. I am still grateful for the blessings and grace in my life but I was unprepared for this turn of events. Nor was I prepared for becoming bedbound, which happened a year ago this past week. By the grace of God, I can still function in this alternate life and seem to be busier than ever in this battle for my life and the crusade for awareness.
One could even say it's become an obsession for me.

As November comes to a close, let us not lose momentum in our drive and our efforts. Let the strength in numbers intensify our voice; that the world would hear and respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment