Tuesday, November 1, 2011

RSD Awareness Month

Well, here it is November 1st and the message I've been planning  to post was somehow  incomplete.  I've been planning it for  a week but there was something missing and I didn't know what.  I only knew I  couldn't post until it came to me.  What I did know I wanted to write about was a combination of emotions that Nomember holds for me.    First, I guess, is the stark reality and sorrow that comes with having RSD.  What more can I say?  Anyone with RSD knows that no further explanation is needed.  I know we're a long way from finding a cure but, on the brighter side, we've come along way; long enough to have LOTS of blogs, websites and research on RSD/CRPS...long enough to even have an "RSD Awareness Month".  For me, having had RSD for 26-27 years, having an awareness month is HUGE!  Also in the mix of emotions is gratitude.  In the spirit of Thanksgiving  (another November awareness day), I am thankful in this "alternate life" of pain and debilitation, for the ability to re-invent myself through God's grace and find contentment in Him.  Lastly, the part that I knew was missing and important enough to hold up the post came to me as I read today's e-mail from American Pain Foundation.  I truly don't mean to copy their message; rather, to personalize it.  Though we all have friends, chronic pain sufferers can lose a lot of friends from being too needy/burdensome or lack of understanding that equates to disbelief.  Thus, we have much appreciation for those who remain close to us.  And, yet, there are those who go above and beyond; giving and doing things that are beyond belief...the unsung heroes in our lives.  This thought really struck me when I read the e-mail from APF as I am so honored and blessed  by unsung heroes...and I pray that you are, too.
Though November holds more RSD emotions for me, I will save those for my visit with Joseph Aguilino on his BlogTalkRadio show The Positive Experience November 10th at 7 PM EST

No comments:

Post a Comment