Monday, April 22, 2013

The Darkest Night by Wendy Swift


The Darkest Night

How is it - that life can be
so cruel and harsh, yet still set us free?
Reaching and grasping for the beauty within,
hoping and praying this nightmare will end.
The pain takes over your body, spirit and mind.
When do I get off of this endless ride?
All I can do is just hope and pray,
trusting that Jesus will come save the day.
I have prayed for death so many times.
Thinking it's better than life, this prison of mine.
Discrimination comes in every form,
people just don't accept if you’re not the norm.
I now understand that this is God’s way,
of weeding out the ones who weren't real and got in the way.
It was hard to find peace in this torturous time.
But suffering comes with blessings behind.
I often wonder what lies ahead,
when is he coming, my means to an end?
Jesus the way, truth and the life.
The only way to see light in the darkest of night.

Copyright Wendy Swift


No comments:

Post a Comment