Friday, October 14, 2011

The 6th poem of the week


This poem is the stinging reality of life with RSD.  Tomorrow I will end the Week of Poetry on a more positive note but, for now, this is the story that needs to be told...this is the awareness that needs to be raised.



Rock Of Ages


Father, I am sinking
Would you throw to me a rope
Would you please confirm the scripture
That I'm never without hope
Would you strengthen me in spirit
As I trod this rocky road
Would you bear for me the burden
That is such a heavy load
Would you wipe away the tears
That keep falling from my eyes
Would you lovingly send mercy
When you hear my anguished cries
Would you not let pain consume me
Taking focus out of prayer
Would you be my Rock of Ages
Greater than my worldly care


Copyright Mary Jane Gonzales 11/96

No comments:

Post a Comment