Friday, September 11, 2015

Sustenance


I remember a point in my life of "Invisible Illness", when I felt that something needed to change. I was living with chronic pain from a back/hip injury and, despite my prayers, I was not healed. So i changed my prayer. I remember saying to God "If you're not going to heal me, would you please strengthen my frame?" And I continued that prayer for years. I still prayed for healing, but strengthening my frame had become my focus. And He answered my prayer! Then, as the years passed, my RSD spread to all four limbs and multiple joints. Yet, I can tell you (with a grin) that He still strengthened my frame. During those years of worsening, when pain was unbearable and the healing I had long pleaded for had not occurred, I changed my prayer again. I prayed that He would sustain me, because I knew I couldn't make it, otherwise. And, now, I can attest that He has sustained me all these years!

So, tonight,while reading a devotional, I was blessed by the following scripture in Isaiah 46:4:

"Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

He HAS sustained me... even to my old age and gray hairs!
And, for that, I am truly grateful!!

by Jane Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment