Friday, November 30, 2012

An RSD Dad


Another poem by Nate McDonald...a true depiction of an RSD parent and a reason for raising awareness!
Today may be the end of RSD Awareness Month but it is not the end of our crusading!  


As I watch my kids run and play,
It makes me think of better times and better days.

Days when there was no pain, no ouch,
No sitting all day no best friend…Mr. Couch.

No medical worries, no bottles full of meds,
No I can't move today, I'll just stay in bed.

No I can't play with you son,
I know all you want to do is run.

My legs and feet are hurting too bad,
Please son don't be upset, please don't be sad.

What's that sweetheart you want to kick the ball,
Daddy can't - it feels like daddy's kicking a wall.

So the dads are taking the girls to Knott's Scary Farm, huh,
Well this dad can't walk that long and to my body will do more harm.

And even if I use my wheelchair and decide to go,
I don't want the other dads to get mad that I'm taking too long or going too slow.

And I can't get on rides and be jerked around,
So I would have to watch from a distance and see the fun from the ground.

When I watch my kids play it takes me to better days, and a better me,
A time more enjoyable, a time with no RSD

No comments:

Post a Comment