Thursday, November 1, 2012

November Again

As we start the month of November (National RSD Awareness Month)  with a burden for a cure and a thrust for awareness of this dreaded disease, our hearts are likewise burdened for the victims of Hurricane Sandy and our prayers go out to all those suffering loss or devastation of any kind.  May their needs be met as they work to put their homes and lives back together.

Although there's a perpetual crusade for RSD/CRPS awareness, there's a certain thrust in November, whereby, efforts are increased or intensified.   In that vain, I would like to briefly tell my RSD story, of having RSD for 27-28 yrs, of not being diagnosed for a long time and acclimating to each "spread", out of necessity.  It's the classic story of pain and debilitation, and of loss many times over. I marvel at the ability of RSD-ers to re-invent themselves over and over, to accommodate the losses.  Though I consider myself to be very blessed and I try to focus on the positive, there is no denying that RSD is a monster of a disease.  And telling our stories will not only help in the future with research and a cure, it will help now the ones who hear our stories and recognize the similarities of their symptoms: thereby, promoting earlier diagnosis.  So I will be posting and talking a bit more than usual this month and would welcome others who want to do the same here on this blog  I will also be doing a free give-away each Monday throughout November at 3PM Central time zone.

Blessings to all,

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment