Friday, November 30, 2012

An RSD Poem

This is an RSD poem that was written by Nate McDonald, a fellow RSD-er who is struggling with the disease and facing a couple surgeries in the near future.  He could use our prayers and support.


3 years ago my ankle hurt and didn't know what was wrong,
We tried to get help but it got worse because the insurance took too long.

The pain started to spread and come up my leg,
We were at the mercy of work comp and we even started to beg.

Please help its spreading and I don't know what to do,
Please help me get better so I can walk like you.

But you didn't help and this disease took over my body, limb by limb,
And the future of being cured started to look grim.

Now from head to toe my body is consumed with RSD,
And the doctors feel that they can no longer help me.

Since I wasn't magically cured with what the doctors did,
Their patience is gone and with me they want to rid.

Rid themselves of someone who won't heal and go according to plan,
They will find a new patient that's healable and know they can.

In the meantime I sit and get worse,
And I'm mad, angry, depressed and ready to burst.

So now full of RSD from toes to head,
You didn't help me even when I pleaded and begged.

No comments:

Post a Comment