Wednesday, January 2, 2013

RSD Interview #8 - With Susan Boucher


HOW AND WHEN DID YOU GET RSD?
In March of 2009, a surgeon was doing Orthoscopic surgery and hit my nerve near my right ankle. There is a 7mm neuroma on my nerve.

IN WHAT WAYS HAS IT AFFECTED YOUR LIFE?
I have been in pain since I had foot surgery in November of 2008.  Every part of my life has been affected, including my sex life, my social life, and the ability to walk around. Additionally, I am unable to volunteer as much as I have in the past.

DO YOU HAVE A GOOD SUPPORT SYSTEM?
My children, my mother-in-law, my cousin and a few friends are supportive. My husband, not so much. We think he has Asperger and might not have the ability. I am now separated after 32 years.

DOES FAITH PLAY A PART IN YOUR STRUGGLE OR YOUR STAMINA?
My stamina has changed! I struggle at times with God and wondering where he is, but I know I would be nowhere without Him!

HOW HAVE YOU RE-INVENTED YOURSELF?
I haven't reinvented myself too much. I have been in a stuck place.

WHAT THINGS DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
To just move around freely!


No comments:

Post a Comment