Wednesday, January 30, 2013

RSD Interview #22 - With Author Deeann Elizabeth Pavlick


#1 How and when did you get RSD?
I was diagnosed with RSD a few weeks after I had surgery. The IV Nurse severed my Radial Nerve in half, with the IV needle, which caused the RSD.

#2 In what ways has it affected your life?
In the beginning of the RSD, it destroyed everything; from my home life, to my businesses, to financial devastation. Plus, problems with my family and friends not understanding my pain or depression with RSD. I talk about it all in my book I wrote, entitled Soul Searching A Victim of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

#3 Do you have a good support system?
My support system grew after time with RSD . Now I have over 16,000 followers on all my sites; which, in turn, is a great support system for me (along with my family and friends).

#4 Does faith play a part in your struggle or your stamina?
As a Catholic, I pray to Jesus every day for strength and peace. As I pray for my family to be pain free and healthy, I believe it gives me strength everyday.

#5 How have you re-invented yourself?
I don't believe I reinvented myself but I took back my persona, personality and caring ability I had before RSD.

#6 Has anything good come from this trial?
Yes! I'm back to designing in my home & jewelry line. Also, working on two more books (being published soon) after already having two published. Plus, helping so many others around me and looking forward to new endeavors in my future.

# 7 What things do you miss the most?
What I miss the most is the time I lost getting to this point in my life, and the ability to use both of my hands. But I will strive on!

#8 What do you want the public to know about you and/or your disease?
I want the public to know about the book I wrote through living with RSD and, also, to know you can still live your dreams through RSD or any Chronic Pain condition.

#9 Is there anything you’d like to add?
Please remember! We all have one life to live. We only go around once, so live your dreams any way you can! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment